Monday, October 8, 2007

Bad Reputation

The Details:
Directed By: Jim Hemphill
Tagline: They showed her no shame...she showed them no mercy.
MPAA: Rated R for violence including rape, sexual content, language and substance abuse - all involving teens.
Runtime: USA:90 min
Country: USA
Language: English
Color: Color
Aspect Ratio: 1.85 : 1

The Review:
Good lord...

So Maverick Entertainment has sent me a couple flops already. First there was Cult, then Doomed and The Toybox. I fully understand that everyone makes mistakes, even distributing companies, so I decided to keep giving them a chance. But that chance is over and I'm vowing to never watch another movie from Maverick. I don't mean to be a hater, but there's only so much a man can take. And this man has reached his limit with Bad Reputation and Death Knows Your Name. Oh, where to begin...

Bad Reputation is about a nice young gal named Michelle who unfortunately gets some severely harsh treatment from the cool kids at school. They rape her, beat her up, and break her down. Then she gets pissed off and starts killing all the football playing douche bags and their girlfriends one by one. It's original, really.


My favorite part of the entire movie is when the credits start rolling at the most random, least conclusive part of the whole story.

Some how, some way, Bad Reputation has taken the cake at quite a few horror themed film festivals around the world. I'm just glad I wasn't at any of them, because if this was the BEST I would have wanted to blow my pink and purple brains out.

AVOID.



ZIP.
ZERO.
ZILCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment